The building located at 225 South Court Street has been in operation since 1872 and supplying Medina with hardware since 1879. This building was first built after the fire in 1870 on the square. Its first owner was Lyman Oatman, who named the building Oatman's Hardware. He owned the store until 1933. In 1933, he sold the store to Willard Stephenson who changed the name to Medina Hardware. Today Medina Hardware is owned by Willard's son Rick Stephenson and attempts to retain as much tradition as possible in today's modern society.